Thursday, January 24, 2008

Well last night I somehow managed to clear out the entire house - well almost. The soon to be ex-MIL was taken to the airport for a flight to FL (she won't be back until Sunday), the soon to be ex-hub went to work his afternoon shift, the 18yo does whatever he can think of doing just to not be home, and the 3yo slept at her aunt's house. So was just me, my 9yo - Dawson, and the dog. So in our fun night together, we made banana muffins, playing some games and worked on his computer. Sadly he has Vista and not all the internet games he likes to play are compatible with it yet. We finished off the evening with a Mom's Room sleepover which he thought was great. Anyway, during his bedtime routine, I managed to snip all the loose threads on my latest creation - Chocolate Covered Cherry. Sorry these pics aren't the greatest even though I managed to get an exact replica of my stolen digicam it doesn't take pics as nicely as the one I used to have.




My "new" cam seems to make everything yellowish so I figured you might like to know the colors I used which are: Red Heart cherry chip, chocolate, magenta, and buff then Caron Pounder in white. I have enough scraps left over that I've started making some 6" granny squares which I'll put together to make another afghan at some point. Been thinking of doing some more threadwork lately just haven't found a pattern I want to make yet. That just sounds so silly considering I must have thousands of patterns between my own library and what's available on the net these days! Well I'm off to make some more squares. Have a great day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's pretty, and oddly, makes me want a bananna split.
Keep your head up, huh, things can only get better!

~Sher~ said...

As if I'm the only one who needs to keep their head up...I keep trying tho it doesn't seem to be doing much good no matter which direction I put the effort toward. Just lately I'm doubting my own abilities because I'm surrounded by so much bs, stress & negativity. Eh, enough sob story. I'm sure I'll make it. Thanks for the support tho. /hugs

Anonymous said...

Don't let them get to you and definitely don't let them make you doubt yourself. They aren't worth it; no one is. Just do your best and if it's not good enough for them then that's there problem.

Anonymous said...

that blankie looks PHENOMANOLLY warm wonder if eh.....sure it is ...nice work as usual,chin up its gotta get better ,clocks tickn down slow but yes down

~Sher~ said...

Phenomenal eh? Aye tis very warm and I made it to fit two...

Anonymous said...

which 2? u propose 2 fit under it ay?

~Sher~ said...

I'll leave that to your imgination >:)